5 Reasons Why L-Arginine Improves Fertility in Men and Women
L-Arginine is an amino acid often taken as a supplement by couples facing fertility issues. L-Arginine is a semi-essential amino acid used in a number of physiological functions. The body is able to make L-Arginine, through the dietary intake is important for ensuring you have enough of this amino acid. Good dietary sources include nuts, lentils, kidney beans, and fresh soybeans. Other dietary sources include egg yolk, meats, and dairy products.
L-Arginine is important for optimal health and is thought to protect against a number of health conditions.
L-Arginine is important for a strong immune system and is also recommended for couples facing fertility issues. As well as eating a diet rich in the food sources mentioned above, you may wish to take a daily supplement to increase your L-Arginine intake. Speak to your healthcare provider for advice before you begin taking a new supplement.
L-Arginine is thought to improve the reproductive health of both men and women because:
1. It increases blood circulation to the uterus, ovaries and genitals - increased blood flow can improve reproductive health. L-Arginine allows for better blood circulation to the ovaries, allowing for optimal egg production. The increased blood flow to the uterus also creates a better environment to allow for the implantation of a fertilized egg. Blood flow is important for the proper functioning of the reproductive organs and may improve the chances of conception.
2. It increases Nitric Oxide levels - L-Arginine is used by the body to create Nitric Oxide (NO). Naturopathic Doctor Jeremy Appleton shares of research in Alternative Medicine Review that has found that increased NO levels support healthy inflammation levels which may help to prevent uterine fertility issues such as fibroids, endometriosis and PCOS. Inflammation is a contributing factor to a number of fertility issues shown to negatively impact conception and implantation.
3. Supports normal sperm production - research has found that taking an L-Arginine supplement daily can increase sperm production in men. In the study, the effects were noticeable 6-8 weeks from the start of supplementation. Research out of Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, published in the journal Biology of Reproduction finds that L-Arginine may also improve the motility of sperm, thus increasing the chance of conception in couples suffering from low sperm motility. Where IVF is used, L-Arginine can be used to improve the quality of sperm, increasing the chance of achieving a fertilized egg.
4. Improve the production of cervical mucus - the increased blood flow to the reproductive organs can aid in the production of cervical mucus. Abnormal mucus production contributes to the challenges faced by around 1 in 20 women dealing with fertility issues. Some women do not produce enough cervical mucus, and others produce mucus that is too thick for sperm to travel through. L-Arginine can encourage better production of cervical mucus through improved blood flow.
5. Supports a healthy libido – L-Arginine increases blood flow to the genitals in both men and women, leading to an increased libido. In men, increased blood flow to the penis can result in more frequent and sustained erections. L-Arginine is often suggested for men suffering from erectile dysfunction. In women, increased blood flow to the genitals can lead to increased sexual arousal and orgasm. A healthy libido plays an important role in conception.
Maca study reveals an increase in sperm production and libido
Researchers at the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, in Lima, Peru, performed a 12-week double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial in which active treatment with different doses of maca was compared with placebo. The 2015 study was published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
Men aged 21-56 years received 3 g of Maca. An improvement in sexual desire was observed with maca at 8 weeks of treatment. Serum testosterone and estradiol levels were not different in men treated with maca than in those treated with placebo.
Another study was designed to determine the benefit of a 4-month oral treatment with tablets of maca on seminal analysis in adult normal men aged 24-44 years old.
Nine men received tablets of maca (1500 or 3000 mg/day) for 4 months. Serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, prolactin, testosterone and estradiol levels were measured before and after treatment.
Treatment with maca resulted in increased seminal volume, sperm count per ejaculation, and sperm motility. Serum hormone levels were not altered.
Maca has become a popular fertility herb and for good reason. Studies have shown repeat success in improving sperm health, increasing sperm count and promoting stronger motility. Maca also increases libido and sex drive.
What is maca?
Maca (Lepidium mevenii) is a root-like vegetable shaped like a turnip that grows at 12,000 feet and is only found in the high Andes of Peru and Ecuador. For more than two millennia, native Peruvians have used maca root as food and medicine, to promote endurance and improve energy, vitality, sexual virility, and fertility.
How does Maca work?
It is not known exactly why maca does what it does, but that is the case for most herbs. Maca has the ability to affect key hormones and functions of reproduction without containing hormones. It has a type of wisdom as to what hormones need balancing and which to increase/decrease. Men who use maca have been shown to have an increase in libido and healthy sperm.
Today the prostate health has become an important issue for all men. that is why Vitolize Men’s Vitality Supplement contains all of the power of Forever Pro 6 with more nutrients, more bioavailable nutrient forms and more powerful botanicals.
When Vitolize is combined with a healthy diet and optimal exercise it offers a natural solution to support prostate health. It is also a comprehensive formulation of a highly effective blend of potent herbs, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that help maintain normal urinary flow, promote healthy testicular function, and encourage optimal prostate health.
Why do most men begin ageing and become less energetic in their late 20’s?
Its because they constantly experience decreasing testosterone production which increases their risk of obesity and a legion of health problems.
But with Forever Vitolize for Men, it addresses the specific nutritional needs of men and counteracts the negative effects of male hormone deficiency which include:
- Enlarged prostate
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease
- Impotence or loss of sex drive
- Higher risk of cardiovascular disease
- Decreased bone density
- Frequent or difficult urination
- Higher risk of diabetes
- Depression or mood swings
What are the Potential Benefits of Vitolize for Men?
- Promotes prostate health, essential support for a healthy prostate.
- Helps normal urinary and testicular function and normal urinary flow.
- Protects against free radical damage.
- Complete prostate support.
- Polyphenol-equivalent to eating an entire pomegranate fruit.
- Daily used 2 pieces of Vitolize for your vitality.
Whether you are 20 or above 70, you can benefit from the herbs, vitamins, and minerals found in Vitolize for Men which were selected to support optimal male health (including prostate health), provide superior antioxidant protection (oxidation is a major cause of ageing), and arm you with nutrients to achieve or retain the best physical and mental form possible.
As the name suggests, Vitolize for Men will help you revitalize your life and help you preserve the vitality of your youth.